Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
good news from satern today
#41
Bill Alexander Wrote:Then there is the EPA. Have you ever seen the MSDS on Brimstone!

Well…if there is ANY CO2 involved with the production of brimstone, then you are scr3wed! LOL
LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!
Reply
#42
Well Beowulf did whoop the heck out of Grendel. And naked! of all things lol Smile
Reply
#43
Tangentially, from my perspective (AR buyer for a national firearms distributor), the supply on all things AR has just caught up and leveled off in the last 45-60 days. The eight month period from Dec 2012 to July 2013 *EVERYTHING* AR related flew out of every nook and cranny of the supply chain and into the retail market. Manufacturers were looking at more orders than they had ever seen. In some cases on the firearm side of the industry there were purchase orders for three years worth of production. Tens of millions of dollars in excess wholesale and retail orders on firearms (particularly AR's) were cancelled across the industry in August as the hyper demand subsided and business returned to normal demand levels. On the ammo manufacturing side, there were/are wholesale orders for SEVEN years of production capacity on certain SKU's. Just this month, inventory levels on AR's has returned to pre-hyper market levels, so you can see (perhaps) how long it took the production side to catch up with just one segment of market demand. All the while, guys in the Grendel niche have been waiting...
Reply
#44
And back to the thread topic...

I spoke with Miranda at Satern today. She said they have the bolt situation figured out and just waiting for them to come in. They are working on 20" and 18" barrels first.

Rob
Reply
#45
I also spoke to her Friday and she said the same thing. Just place the order to get in the Q. No deposit needed
Reply
#46
Bill Alexander Wrote:In this industry there are parties who seem to revel in interfering in other peoples business. They have no information so they throw out wild claims with the hopes that someone will correct them with information that allows them to gain insight into that persons business. But one must fill the time after good loosing all that Larue business

Grendel went to SAAMI and was signed off, some people should get over this.

Tedward, I was unduly harsh, I apologize. You have an inquiring mind.

On bolts. There are several areas of the regular 5.56 bolt that we changed in our design work to make the bolt compatible with the larger rim. Depth was one, base diameter of the lugs was increased as the face diameter is larger. Extractor geometry is different so the extractor slot and pivot point are set up to match as the rim is bigger. This simplistic engineering to adapt the 5.56 bolt to Grendel and Beowulf.


"Grendel bolts are manufactor by the demon Grendel him self locked away in a dungeon in Virginia and the shortage has been because Grendel coughs a cold and its not like bill can just take a captive demon to the doctor, I mean there would be questions and paper work and obama care doesn't cover demons"

Illness of the demon is our biggest problem, I have been trying to recruit a number of smaller name demons to fill in but the immigration process is problematic as they are basically a conservative group that the administration does not smile on. Then there is the EPA. Have you ever seen the MSDS on Brimstone!

http://avogadro.chem.iastate.edu/MSDS/sulfur.htm
Cheers
Reply
#47
Too Funny!

Smud Dude Wrote:http://avogadro.chem.iastate.edu/MSDS/sulfur.htm
Cheers
Reply
#48
Any news from Satern yet?
Reply
#49
Nope a month past the initial estimate I have been busy and haven't called since mid September, so it's probably safe to assume there not exactly cought up yet I just hit 18 months of waiting, so I promise when I get the call you will all hear the good news.... But I think the demon Grendel is still under the weather
Punctuation is for the weak....
Reply
#50
outlaw45 Wrote:Any news from Satern yet?

From what XCR said they should be getting there Grendel Barrels any day. I think they were waiting on bolts and got them from another source besides Maxim. Maxim's are still not ready but I think the Libery Group buy has those bolts and there coming from Saturn.

XCR, any word on the Liberty Grendel Group Buy???
Reply
#51
I've been biting my tongue because I really don't want to knock on XCR's barrel group buy. Guys on here have been waiting almost 2 years for a barrel in some cases. All due to a lack of bolts. I really hope I'm wrong, but I don't foresee those barrels arriving with bolts any earlier than 6 months from now. And that's being conservative. Again I hope I'm wrong.
Ignore this last word. My phone is being stupid.biting
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin
Reply
#52
BjornF16 Wrote:Well…if there is ANY CO2 involved with the production of brimstone, then you are scr3wed! LOL

You might be able to buy some carbon credits from Al Gore or the chinese...
NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.
Reply
#53
I honestly don't even get bothered by it anymore, they didn't take any money from me so it's not like they are f*cking me over I am sure they would like nothing more than so take my money and send me a barrel
Punctuation is for the weak....
Reply
#54
I spoke to Miranda today she said they are expecting first shipment of bolts to come in next week and they have many barrels completed just waiting for the bolts to ship with them, they will be filling barrel orders before bolt orders..... That said what's another month at this point...
Punctuation is for the weak....
Reply
#55
mongoosesnipe Wrote:I spoke to Miranda today she said they are expecting first shipment of bolts to come in next week and they have many barrels completed just waiting for the bolts to ship with them, they will be filling barrel orders before bolt orders..... That said what's another month at this point...

I really don't understand the bolt issue. LBC has lots of them, I just got 10 and have them sitting here waiting on my barrels that are coming bolt less. I don't know why the companies don't use each others same sources. I think if they called each other they could share resources or there is some "this is my source and I'm not sharing!". Whoever made them for LBC sure could be making more for anyone.

Well the issue will be resolved soon. Maxim's bolts are coming in the next few weeks or so. And will be made of better material.
Reply
#56
mongoosesnipe Wrote:I spoke to Miranda today she said they are expecting first shipment of bolts to come in next week and they have many barrels completed just waiting for the bolts to ship with them, they will be filling barrel orders before bolt orders..... That said what's another month at this point...

This thread has made me feel better. I ordered a 26" back in March, and then gave them a call to request a change in early May. I gave a synopsis of the change in a voicemail. By the end of the day, they called and confirmed the changes and said they should be shipping in early September. I called them twice last week, and followed up with an email (Because they were so timely with the response the first time, I thought something may be wrong) and haven't heard anything back. My upper that was supposed to take 8-12 weeks shipped in 6 so I'll have the entire build minus the glass and barrel here shortly. Starting to get antsy...
Reply
#57
Well, I ordered a 18" barrel in October, October 2012. Spoke to Saturn in August or September? Thought they were getting bolt situation worked out, email in late October because I moved. No response, but never been charged. I can't really hold it against them. I'm sure Saturn wants to move as much product as possible. Just unfortunately, I quit shooting my Grendel this spring to prepare for new tube. So its been Creedmoor summer and fall, turn bolt, shoot, repeat.
Reply
#58
That's the part that makes me feel uneasy, the lack of financial commitment. Because they only have an order with no money changing hands, there is no guarantee of service in X timeframe and no recourse.
Reply
#59
If they have your money there is no recourse. I had paid and check cashed for $500 to LW for a barrel that was due in July. 6 months later still no barrel. I got my refund but no recourse or barrel. I don't understand the order process or supply out there...
Reply
#60
Ted, When I ordered my barrel in August I asked them about the bolt issue. The issue is not that they can't get bolts but rather that they need to find a reliable source of top quality bolts that they can rely on consistency in both quality and quantity in production. In this search for the right company for Satern to get in bed with they have to go through the same waiting periods and testing that we are seeing now between Maxim and PF on this bolt buy that we got running here. Personally I am glad that they are taking their time to make sure they can stand behind the product with the same confidence as they do with their barrels.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)