Canuck Shooter
Unregistered
[ATTACH=CONFIG]2328[/ATTACH]
Here's a look at my new Grendel:
-CNC machined solid billet 7075 aluminum ATRS matched upper and lower with ambidextrous bolt release.
-18" Lilja 3 groove stainless match grade barrel 1:8 twist, polished chamber with hand fitted bolt.
-Titanium Bolt Carrier Group
-ATRS muzzle break
-Timney match trigger
-Magpul CTR stock
-Magpul Maid grip
-Vortex PST Viper scope and rings
-Magpul backup sights
-Daniel Defence low profile gas block and Omega rail
Now to take it to the range for testing ....
Anyone have any advice they want to share with a Grendel newbie on what loads to start testing with?
Welcome. Very nice blaster, and looking forward to how the Lilja spits lead. Start with the 123gr AMAX and 120gr SMK for target loads. Do you have a Grendel chamber?
For your BCG, do you mean Titanium Nitride plated?
You might also get a cantilever scope mount, as the forward ring mounted to the handguard is asking for loss of zero in most cases.
Canuck Shooter
Unregistered
LRRPF52
Good point on the scope mount - I actually haven't mounted it permanently yet, I just threw it on for a picture, I will definetly heed your warning.
It is a spec Grendel chamber, and yes, your correct in that the BCG is Titanium Nitide plated.
I have a bunch of Hornady brass, I'd like to find some Lapua brass but some things take awhile to find up here. I have the Hornady AMax 123 grain bullets - any recommendations on the powder?
What powders do you have access to up there?
Very nice Grendel, welcome.
Really nice firearm! What is your upper and lower finished with?
Canuck Shooter
Unregistered
Upper, Lower, barrel, and break are finsihed in cerakote.
Posts: 667
Threads: 19
Joined: Mar 2011
WTF no maple leafs? Although it looks fine without them.
Canuck Shooter
Unregistered
LRRPF52
We have access to all the same powders up here as the US. Currently using IMR 8208.
Canuck Shooter
Unregistered
rasp65 Wrote:WTF no maple leafs? Although it looks fine without them.
Rasp65 - if you look close you will see a maple leaf engraved on the magwell ....
Posts: 667
Threads: 19
Joined: Mar 2011
CS I see it now nice touch, and it looks fine with them.
Check the reloading section of the forum. There is a ton of info there that will provide you with plenty of powders to start with. Lately, we've been impressed with the performance using Hodgon's CFE, which seems to behave almost exactly like LeveRevolution.
I like to work with .2gr increments in the Grendel, which shows a predictable velocity increase that will deviate more when you get into max pressure territory.
I'm getting ready to do my own tests with CFE this weekend.