Problem with bolt stop spring installation ?
#1
Had a problem with the bolt stop spring that goes in the hole under the lever.it was like it was to big at one end.wouldnt fit the hole one way.but turn it the other way it fit inside the hole.bolt not push down like it was sopose to.so I put the little steel piece in the hole first and then the spring.it worked then.but the end of the spring is against the lever that releases the bolt.will this be ok?
Reply
#2
Without a picture, sounds like you have the seer spring instead of the stop spring. The correct spring is the same diameter full length and about 1/2" long.
Reply
#3
You have the wrong spring. The bolt catch spring is non-tapered. Get another LPK for the spring, and keep the rest for spares. OR special order the spring by itself and pay nearly the same amount.

I'm sure, though, that someone on the board can source the correct spring for less money than I can.

ETA: When assembling your receivers, be careful not to mix the parts from your different assemblies. Keep your Upper and Lower Parts kit components separate from the trigger group components. After a few builds, these become familiar but, in the meantime, take the time to positively identify the various springs, pins, etc.
If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?
Reply
#4
[quote=just_john]Without a picture, sounds like you have the seer spring instead of the stop spring. The correct spring is the same diameter full length and about 1/2" long.[/QUOTE
I think I installed the longer spring for the sear.is the sear spring longer? also if I got wrong spring in wrong place.will this make the sear not be right to.
Reply
#5
See if this helps. https://www.pewpewtactical.com/wp-conten...5.com_.gif
Reply
#6
You guys was right.i took it apart and the springs was in wrong place.so I replaced them and put it back togather.now my role pin to the bolt stop is messed up.
Reply
#7
Definitely sounds like the disconnector spring. You should also check your trigger assembly to ensure the disconnector isn't using the bolt catch spring.


https://www.opticsplanet.com/cmmg-inc-ar...catch.html
Reply
#8
Take a breath, don't forget to put painters tape or masking tape on the side of your receiver to protect from damage when you miss while driving the pin. Get yourself one of these.


https://www.primaryarms.com/anderson-man...w-oops-kit

https://www.opticsplanet.com/cmmg-inc-ar...catch.html
Reply
#9
I used tape all around my reciever to protect it.i found a roll pin for 50 cents.but it cost 5 dollars or so to ship it.lol
Reply
#10
Many auto parts (NAPA) store and hardware stores (Ace) sell compression and roll pins. Even if the pin is a little long you can cut the pin to the length you need.
Reply
#11
VASCAR2 Wrote:Many auto parts (NAPA) store and hardware stores (Ace) sell compression and roll pins. Even if the pin is a little long you can cut the pin to the length you need.

Ok thanks
Reply
#12
If you have a harbor freight close they sell kits with hundreds of various sized roll pins. Obviously most won't be the size you need but I bet you can find one. And use a 20% off coupon and can get them cheap
Reply
#13
Wargrendeleagle Wrote:If you have a harbor freight close they sell kits with hundreds of various sized roll pins. Obviously most won't be the size you need but I bet you can find one. And use a 20% off coupon and can get them cheap
Closest one is about 60 miles from me
Reply
#14
Well it was worth a shot. Thats too far to drive for a roll pin! I'll probably get a box next time I go to test it. I'm real good at boogering up a gas block roll pin
Reply
#15
eBay has some and free shipping.i got two USA made ones for 2.50.they had ten for that price to.but I got the stainless steel ones.
Reply
#16
Just for future reference here are the pin sizes for AR-15’s


A1 Rear Sight Wheel Retaining Pin.................1/16x1/4
Trigger Guard Detent Pin................................1/16x1/4
Forward Assist Pawl Pin(new round)..............1/16x1/4
Forward Assist Pawl Pin(Old teardrop)...........1/16x5/16
Gas Tube Pin...................................................5/64x5/16
Charging Handle Latch pin..............................5/64x5/16
Bolt Catch Retaining Pin..................................3/32x1/2
Forward Assist Pawl Pin.................................3/32x1/2
Forward Assist Retaining Pin..........................3/32x5/8
Type D Stock Swivel Retaining Pin.................1/8x7/16
Front Sling Swivel Pin......................................1/8x1/2
Trigger Guard Pivot Pin...................................1/8x5/8
Rifle Buffer Pad Retaining Pin..........................1/8x3/4
Type D Stock Swivel Bracket Retaining Pin....1/8x7/8
Reply
#17
Ok thank’s you all have been very helpful.
Reply
#18
Much more pricey than a roll pin but far less annoying to install:
https://www.knsprecisioninc.com/product/...ining-pin/
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)