Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
good news from satern today
#61
What is Les Baer doing that no one else is?
Reply
#62
Think about it guys all hell broke loose back in december when that idiot shot up the theater. Every manufacturer got flooded with orders. Satern as well of course. I ordered a 5.56 barrel for my wife a few days after that happened and im still waiting but i will wait because ive already gotten barrels from them and there great. But to put this in understandable terms for cut rifled barrels it takes about an hour to and hour and a half just to cut rifle process, theres only 8 hours in a work day so 8 barrels maybe 10 if Steve works late. So theres not that many cut rifled barrels that get turned out each day. So you may have to wait awhile but what you will get when you do get it is a quality product and youll be glad you waited. A button barrel takes 30 seconds to make but its still a good barrel itself. Just sit back and relax buy you some stuff to go with the gun or reloading equipment. Youll be glad you waited.
Reply
#63
Has anyone asked Satern if they could produce a barrel in a timely manner if the customer supplied a bolt for headspacing? I've done this with another manufacturer in the past with favorable results. Barrel makers are often reluctant to ship barrels without matched bolts, so if the bolt is indeed the holdup, perhaps a proactive customer might get a quicker resolution. Just a thought...
Drifter
Reply
#64
I asked them about it yesterday. They said that while they wait for bolts they will be producing barrels in batches by length. First they will do all the 16" then 18", 20" and so on. If you call them and let them know that you have a bolt that is properly headspaced then they could ship it out to you without the bolt. They will not however make a 20" before they finish all the 16" and 18" that are already on order.
Reply
#65
When I called this summer they said they were making 20" and 18" first then other lengths. I have a 20" on order since Sept. 2012. Maybe they were just trying to make me feel good?
Reply
#66
based on this talk about barrel length and production dates i will just assume my 22" barrel will be made some time next summer... my order was placed May 2, 2012
Punctuation is for the weak....
Reply
#67
My dad, brother and I all have 20s on order since August 2012 as well. I hope this goes quickly.
Reply
#68
Nov 2012 here, hoping for positive news soon.
Reply
#69
Dan Wrote:My dad, brother and I all have 20s on order since August 2012 as well. I hope this goes quickly.

Dammit. I guess I am way down the chain then.
Reply
#70
Well I have some good news from Satern today! I spoke with Lindsey this morning and she said that right now they are setting up two more drills in the shop as well as two more cut rifle drills. They should be up and running by this weekend and in theory this should double their production.
Reply
#71
Dan Wrote:Well I have some good news from Satern today! I spoke with Lindsey this morning and she said that right now they are setting up two more drills in the shop as well as two more cut rifle drills. They should be up and running by this weekend and in theory this should double their production.

Are they able to get bolts now?
Reply
#72
rushmc Wrote:Are they able to get bolts now?

They are still held up on bolts but if you can get a bolt before them you can get your barrel without the bolt for a discount.
Reply
#73
I was able to procure a Satern barrel from elsewhere, so someone on the list is getting my slot..
Reply
#74
Not holding my breath anymore.
Reply
#75
i stopped holding my breath once the market went ape sh*t i just check in with them every coupe of months
Punctuation is for the weak....
Reply
#76
Did they tell you that? Seems like I asked them once before and they said they would not do that.

Dan Wrote:They are still held up on bolts but if you can get a bolt before them you can get your barrel without the bolt for a discount.
Reply
#77
They did tell me that. But it's probably just because they don't have bolts right now.
Reply
#78
Called Satern today to give them my new address in case they were ready to send out my barrel, nope not yet. Talked to Lindsey and she said they are running 16" and 18" barrels right now. After that they have a small military 223rem barrel order to fill, then they will start on the 20" barrels since 20" is the majority of their orders. As always she said they are still waiting on bolts and they expect them in about 2 weeks. Although when I called two months ago they said they were expecting bolts in 2 weeks then too.
Reply
#79
Saturn is a great barrel but their customer service is great at the stall tactics!
Reply
#80
Its not them they are at the mercy of the bolt maker. I hooked them up with Frank at maxxim for another source of bolts and Steve Satern is thinking about expanding and adding the ability to manufacture there own bolts.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)