Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
(Cheaped out) BCA 20"
#41
Luth-AR MBA-3, looks like. Adjustable cheek piece, adjustable butt pad.
"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"
Reply
#42
grayfox Wrote:Luth-AR MBA-3, looks like. Adjustable cheek piece, adjustable butt pad.

I have had one of these in my basket a few times...

Ill have one, one day I am sure. Cool

CW
Reply
#43
someone had them for $107 couple of weeks ago... I don't remember who, maybe primary arms?
"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"
Reply
#44
Yeah primary arms has had them for $99 several times. I even got the one I have with a rifle buffer kit included for $99. I thought it was an error but it showed up!
Reply
#45
I seem to get there offeres almost daily...

Ill watch closer!!

CW
Reply
#46
$93 OpticsPlanet. Arrived today. Shim kit had 18 different sized shims.
Yes the stock has many adjustable features to it.
Finally got to send some lead down range. Nothing fantastic at 40 yards. Factory trigger sucks. Shot the thing with no flash hiders and sound and recoil was mild mannered. Installed comp and man, it changed everything. Caught me off guard on the first shot. Plain Jane ear plugs we're useless. Been a long time NOT shooting a compensator muzzle attachment. I got blasted! Ear muffs are a must. All and all the end of the shooting session all was working out on paper. One box down the barrel and now for the 100 yard mark testing.
Trigger replacement next. The gun is not a turd yet. Going to have to think about the compensator? Low recoil already and that blasting is as many have said not freindly behide or beside you. I felt what little hair I have part in the blast in that first shot compensated! LMAO
Gun ran flawless.
Reply
#47
FANGGHOSTWOLF Wrote:$93 OpticsPlanet. Arrived today. Shim kit had 18 different sized shims.
Yes the stock has many adjustable features to it.
Finally got to send some lead down range. Nothing fantastic at 40 yards. Factory trigger sucks. Shot the thing with no flash hiders and sound and recoil was mild mannered. Installed comp and man, it changed everything. Caught me off guard on the first shot. Plain Jane ear plugs we're useless. Been a long time NOT shooting a compensator muzzle attachment. I got blasted! Ear muffs are a must. All and all the end of the shooting session all was working out on paper. One box down the barrel and now for the 100 yard mark testing.
Trigger replacement next. The gun is not a turd yet. Going to have to think about the compensator? Low recoil already and that blasting is as many have said not freindly behide or beside you. I felt what little hair I have part in the blast in that first shot compensated! LMAO
Gun ran flawless.

Lol you should feel the blast from the m4-72 severe duty brake I have on my 20 inch howa, that thing will knock your hat off lol.
Reply
#48
that m4-72 was just too much for me. not hard but like a prop wash...
"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"
Reply
#49
Yep this compensator just might be sold at a deal to some one.
Found a Larue MBT-2S that I do not have to get in line to wait. Just a bit more but close.
I'm done shooting till I receive my Hornity blacks and my trigger. Trigger will be here late this week.
Cheaped out but seems the total build is growing on expense.
Reply
#50
New day on the thinking of the Grendel? So far pleased. Went back and looked the last 5 shots on paper. Other than the 1st off guard comp shot the others were not bad. Last 2 in the same hole and just touching the note book binder stick on.
Comp is looking like not what I want. More testing.
Butt stock, yet liked it on other guns but for some reason I feel my Magpul might make a more comfortable fit? Slim handguard is not bad esp with the added lower m-Lok rail and hand guard covers.
I just for some reason just did not get that good feeling with the gun on the bench.
The BCA barrel does not bother me at this point. I did order the Larue trigger. The Grendel build is adding up in the price of the cheaped out investment. Go figure! Lol
If the comp brake comes off that as has been said could have gone towards a better barrel.
But I'm not ruling the BCA barrel out yet. It's note like I did not know better. I'm not that super long distance shooter anymore. But still capable of mid distance.
I'm chaulking it up on the first shooting to the learning of the Grendel start. This is not a bolt gun and the AR platforms in all my days was not a match gun. But still capable of killing game and paper.
Muffs and check weld never have been to my liking. I do agree that hearing protection is needed on loud firearms. But at 65 and been around loud machines and to and roll do you think I can hear well? Not!
OSHA has it right! But What do I know. CHEAPED OUT old man but having a BLAST! LOL
Reply
#51
FANGGHOSTWOLF Wrote:New day on the thinking of the Grendel? So far pleased. Went back and looked the last 5 shots on paper. Other than the 1st off guard comp shot the others were not bad. Last 2 in the same hole and just touching the note book binder stick on.
Comp is looking like not what I want. More testing.
Butt stock, yet liked it on other guns but for some reason I feel my Magpul might make a more comfortable fit? Slim handguard is not bad esp with the added lower m-Lok rail and hand guard covers.
I just for some reason just did not get that good feeling with the gun on the bench.
The BCA barrel does not bother me at this point. I did order the Larue trigger. The Grendel build is adding up in the price of the cheaped out investment. Go figure! Lol
If the comp brake comes off that as has been said could have gone towards a better barrel.
But I'm not ruling the BCA barrel out yet. It's note like I did not know better. I'm not that super long distance shooter anymore. But still capable of mid distance.
I'm chaulking it up on the first shooting to the learning of the Grendel start. This is not a bolt gun and the AR platforms in all my days was not a match gun. But still capable of killing game and paper.
Muffs and check weld never have been to my liking. I do agree that hearing protection is needed on loud firearms. But at 65 and been around loud machines and to and roll do you think I can hear well? Not!
OSHA has it right! But What do I know. CHEAPED OUT old man but having a BLAST! LOL

I don't know what brake your useing but if earplugs isn't enough holy cow.. I have the m4-72 and ear plugs are fine with it.

It just has a heck of a concussion you can feel it in your chest. But never felt like ear plugs wasn't enough hearing protection.

Then again I have worked in the oil and gas offshore industry all my life so I'm deef as can bee.
Reply
#52
Man some brakes are nasty. I've used Peltor Tac-100s with gel cups for a few years now and never feel uncomfortable. I used to shoot rifles with brakes before I bought cans, and none of them seemed that bad at the time. Shot my buddy's RPR with the new factory brake the other day and it made me turn off my muffs and wish I had some plugs to go with them. Yeesh.
Reply
#53
I have gone over the gun during the waiting period. A few thinks have been addressed. 1st the handguard had become loose. Finger removal on most. I wwent ahead and pulled the handguard of to check all the other attachments. Barrel nut tight, gas block tight and no other issues found.
Reinstalled the handguard using blue LT. torqued to 35 inch lbs. MOving on I remove the LR BUTTSTOCK AND TRIED the magpul. My goal was to get the eye to scope better. I was not comfortable with the gun on my test and barrel brake in. It was no better with the magpul. I was still crammed to get a good cheek weld. Checked another gun and I had a rail riser on that gun. Removed it and installed it on the Grendel. The riser allowed to move the scope more forward. Then change the rings to give me a little more scope height. Now using the LR buttstock I feel more comfortable on the check weld and much better eye to scope. My ammo arrived yesterday so I can now do some more testing.
I addressed that bit of upper and lower movement using an expandable rear takedown pin. That worked out good. Today my Larue trigger is out for del. Installing when it get here. I did remove the compensator. Too much rearward BLAST for me. Reinstalled the flash hider.
I have noticed that ever case fired has the same dent indication on the mouth of the case? I'm assuming it is from the ejection. Read this is a common issue on the grendel. Strange to me after going over a bucket full of .223, .270, .30-06 from other semi auto guns and none have this indication. Is this 20" Grendel over gassed? Or just what is the solution to fixing this issue? I'm not reloading yet but saving all brass.
[Image: IMG-20190117-164716195.jpg]
Reply
#54
FANGGHOSTWOLF Wrote:I have gone over the gun during the waiting period. A few thinks have been addressed. 1st the handguard had become loose. Finger removal on most. I wwent ahead and pulled the handguard of to check all the other attachments. Barrel nut tight, gas block tight and no other issues found.
Reinstalled the handguard using blue LT. torqued to 35 inch lbs. MOving on I remove the LR BUTTSTOCK AND TRIED the magpul. My goal was to get the eye to scope better. I was not comfortable with the gun on my test and barrel brake in. It was no better with the magpul. I was still crammed to get a good cheek weld. Checked another gun and I had a rail riser on that gun. Removed it and installed it on the Grendel. The riser allowed to move the scope more forward. Then change the rings to give me a little more scope height. Now using the LR buttstock I feel more comfortable on the check weld and much better eye to scope. My ammo arrived yesterday so I can now do some more testing.
I addressed that bit of upper and lower movement using an expandable rear takedown pin. That worked out good. Today my Larue trigger is out for del. Installing when it get here. I did remove the compensator. Too much rearward BLAST for me. Reinstalled the flash hider.
I have noticed that ever case fired has the same dent indication on the mouth of the case? I'm assuming it is from the ejection. Read this is a common issue on the grendel. Strange to me after going over a bucket full of .223, .270, .30-06 from other semi auto guns and none have this indication. Is this 20" Grendel over gassed? Or just what is the solution to fixing this issue? I'm not reloading yet but saving all brass.
[Image: IMG-20190117-164716195.jpg]

It's from the shell deflector. You could try dialing the gas down a bit more. If it's locking back properly on the last round and the brass is making a nice pile in the 3:30 to 4 o'clock postion, I wouldn't worrie about it.

It will come out fine when you resize it.

You could also put a small bit of stick on velcro on the deflector, I belive there is a extractor mod too that is meant to help with this.
Reply
#55
No adj gas block. But can get one. Rifle length gas block and tube but reg carbine Lower buffer and spring. Ammo is piling up good. Last shot locks the mag. I read this is a common issue but I have never had this. At first I THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE THE SPENT CARTAGE hitting my shop wall? I'll check for that but really do not think that is the case. NO other rifle has done this shooting in the same location I am at right now. At 100 yards there is no side barrier. But when I set up my backstop I moved it to the left form its original place? I did not think it out good ? Now I have a narrow window shooting between my shop and my C-can. Now I HAVE TO BE SURE AT 40 yards I am on target. C-can I would hate to shoot but the shop wall has my lathe and more tooling plus my air compressor. I'm going to have to relocate my back stop come spring.Cool
The project has been an interesting one and a great new experience. Ill try the ejector padding first. After the scope rings and and riser plus the regular flash hider I'm sure it will be another fresh start on POI. I'm making the gun fit me NOT ME FIT THE GUN.lol
Thanks.
Reply
#56
The ARs stock angle was designed from the git go to make you have a higher than normal cheek weld because of the back sight being up on top of the carry handle. When the flat tops came along came the riser type scope bases to allow a more comfortable cheek weld. I have them on all my AR's now. Just yesterday I replaced the scope on a 223 M-4 style AR that I had put a 3-9x32 scope on with just regular rings attached to the flat top to do some load work up. Once I got my loads worked out I replaced this scope with a Primary Arms 1-6 ACSS scope on a riser type mount ring combo unit. Basically a red dot with up to 6 power magnification for longer shots. I have the Primary Arms 1-8 ACSS on one of my AR Grendel's and really like it for hunting. Yes that dent in the mouth could be caused by the brass deflector. Usually it puts a dent below the case shoulder but your extractor and ejector angle and power might case a little different angle of ejection. As long a you are getting good function of ejection, brass landing between 3 & 4 O'clock and the bolt holds open on last shot I would not fool with anything.
Reply
#57
I forgot to add that you might want to take a look at the Kaw Valley Linier muzzle device. It projects the muzzle blast and sound down range and does ease felt recoil some, not that the Grendel needs it, and this also protects the muzzle end and looks good. I have them on both of my Grendel's.
Reply
#58
Did the stick on material for the case ding. Yes that stopped the issue. Appears the spent she'll is at the 3 o'clock position.
First wolf ammo was a dud. Firing pin left a good mark. Swapped lowers and tested the bad shell. No go. Shot some more of the wolf and no problems. Can't say it grouped well but that was before the trigger arrived.
Got to say the Larue is not bad at all.
I have no issue with the flash hinder vs the comp brake. I did fire some of the Blacks and the first 3 shots at 40 touched each other. I did make some scope adj and in the end the gun was still grouping as the 1st 3 shots but where I was aiming. The gun seemed to like the Blacks. More bench time coming.
I parked the Grendel at that point. With the gun shooting as it was I do (edited) think at the 100 yard mark it will also group.
Scope raised and the new trigger made a huge difference. Bagged the front no bag on the rear. That's another thing I've got to manage. Thanks all for the info!
Reply
#59
Here is are recoil helper and a much better shoulder fit. I had this SPS adjustable butt adapter with the Kick Easy magnum butt pad
left over from another gun. It was hand fitted for the other gun. The foot print does not match the butt of the LR and is aluminum. Matters not the cosmetics. It's close and when dropped down it blends in.
Rain and wind today. No shooting!
[Image: IMG-20190119-085912105.jpg]
Reply
#60
papasplace Wrote:I wish you well.
I have been trying to resolve an issue on my Christmas present.. the M-lok handguard is out of spec and can not get any M-Lok attachments to fit in the way undersized slots.
I wrote to the warranty dept on 12-27 and tried calling more then a dozen times(no one answers and voice mail box is always full). I have yet to receive any kind of answer.
Hopefully everything else about the upper is going to work and That worst case i just need to get a new handguard.

You've posted this on any form that would listen. Most would have simple done a minor alteration, fit it and be done with it.

My 24" Grendel is still functioning flawless, shoots great! I'm contemplating a 20" Grendel, or even an 18"
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)