Bags, Rests, What Do You Use?
#21
Joypod and gator bag in the rear
Reply
#22
I tried a bipod on Cz and the stock is too flimsy. When I try to preload it. Use sandbags I make out of legs of old wranglers. don't forget the ziplock. Make my own bench out of 2 7/8 pipe and form up a concrete top. For rear use sandbags or that big bag that fits on pickup window.
Reply
#23
GREYBUFF Wrote:I just built a great adjustable front rest made from a car scissors jack with a 1" dia. X 5" pipe weled to the top of the jack (in-line with the screw) and covered with a piece of swimming pool noodle. The rest is adjustable from 5" up to about 12". Sandbag for the rear. I have over the years fabricated several different front rests and this one is by far the most adjustable and stable.

GaGuideMan Wrote:Sounds highly useful. Cool idea.

GREYBUFF Wrote:If I knew how to post a picture I would do so.

bj139 Wrote:I just cut and pasted your description to a text file for future consideration. Great idea. Toyota scissor jack? Smallest size?

BTW Greybuff - Welcome to the Horde.

This picture was posted for him

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13430[/ATTACH]


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
Sticks

Catchy sig line here.
Reply
#24
Sticks,
Thanks for uploading the first pic. Finally figured out how to re-size and upload. Hope it worked.
Thiis is version 2 of the scissors jack rest. This is the final version(I think).


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
Reply
#25
Bulls bag on two separate stacked sandbags front, Protektor model rabbit ear rear
Reply
#26
Caldwell bags, though at times I don't use the back one
Reply
#27
Sticks Wrote:Bipod front, home made bag for the rear.

+1 For me, this works in most places--whether it's punching paper off a bench or shooting competitions or playing in the mountains.

[Image: spitwad2.jpg]
Reply
#28
I use a Bull Bag front and a Caldwell rear bag. Solid as a rock!
Reply
#29
I use a old Freeland cast iron front rest with two flat sand bags and a rear leather rabbit ear sand bag. I find most sporting rifles shoot best with the front rest about under were the bullet would be if the rifle were loaded. If the rifle is well bedded, with a non-flexible fore end I use a bipod from prone and one of several rear, bags, wedgies or pillows. I also have a rifle rest mounted via molle straps to the back of my pack for improvised field shooting.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13954[/ATTACH]


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
Reply
#30
Gamechanger Bag is awesome for shooting and setting up as a rest in stands.
Reply
#31
For hunting the best rest for sight in for me has been a sack of corn. I can use my forearm and adjust the surface to hug the forearm to stabilize but it allows the gun to move from recoil the same as it does when hunting because I only have a rail to rest on but I also shoot free hand or stabilized against a tree. In my experience, a very solid sled or other type of rest is very good for load testing and target shooting, but it changes the POI especially with higher recoiling cartridges. I'm pretty sure this is a question that you'll get a ton of different answers to. A lot of that is dependant to each individuals needs.
Reply
#32
For hunting the best rest for sight in for me has been a sack of corn. I can use my forearm and adjust the surface to hug the forearm to stabilize but it allows the gun to move from recoil the same as it does when hunting because I only have a rail to rest on but I also shoot free hand or stabilized against a tree. In my experience, a very solid sled or other type of rest is very good for load testing and target shooting, but it changes the POI especially with higher recoiling cartridges. I'm pretty sure this is a question that you'll get a ton of different answers to. A lot of that is dependant to each individuals needs.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)