03-15-2014, 05:55 PM
I had a chance to try this load today. Started off a bit rocky but found an issue with scope ring torque. Tightened them to spec and things got WAY better. I think that this load is a keeper and it shoots soft as well.
I had been shooting some 123gr AMAX loads and was getting erratic groups, thought it was me just having one of those days. Shot the first group on the bottom and knew that something was up. Did a complete system check including checking torque on the scope rings and mount; that is where the problem was. Shot the first round on the top group, made a .2 mil adjustment and shot the next four. I'll do some more groups but I think that it is a winner. I'll chrono later today.
Range is 100 yards.
Rifle
17" Lilja with Surefire SOCOM6.8-RC suppressor.
Load
Lapua brass
100gr Hornady AMAX
29.8gr TAC
COAL 2.245
[IMG]
[/IMG]
I had been shooting some 123gr AMAX loads and was getting erratic groups, thought it was me just having one of those days. Shot the first group on the bottom and knew that something was up. Did a complete system check including checking torque on the scope rings and mount; that is where the problem was. Shot the first round on the top group, made a .2 mil adjustment and shot the next four. I'll do some more groups but I think that it is a winner. I'll chrono later today.
Range is 100 yards.
Rifle
17" Lilja with Surefire SOCOM6.8-RC suppressor.
Load
Lapua brass
100gr Hornady AMAX
29.8gr TAC
COAL 2.245
[IMG]
[/IMG]

