02-13-2014, 07:53 PM
I think this will make a good deer load out here in the upper Midwest where I live.
Thanx for the chart,it will be good to try out when the deep snow melts up here.
I think my barrel seems to be working OK with the throat issues that some have mentioned.
My ejection doesn't seem to be quite as good as the 85 grain sierra load.
I don't have any jams but the last shot locks on the mag instead of BS sometimes.
I'm using a H2 buffer.
I'm wondering if it's because CFE is a slower powder.
I think I could go up to 31.1 grains but the 30.8 load is working plenty good enough.
Think I'll wait and shoot the 85 grain sierras till end of winter since they are very accurate and work on the 123's when the snow melts and use a 4x16 FFP MRAD scope.
The holosight is easier to use with all the barrel cleaning and a lot lighter.
Not much fun walking through knee deep snow.
Thanx for the chart,it will be good to try out when the deep snow melts up here.
I think my barrel seems to be working OK with the throat issues that some have mentioned.
My ejection doesn't seem to be quite as good as the 85 grain sierra load.
I don't have any jams but the last shot locks on the mag instead of BS sometimes.
I'm using a H2 buffer.
I'm wondering if it's because CFE is a slower powder.
I think I could go up to 31.1 grains but the 30.8 load is working plenty good enough.
Think I'll wait and shoot the 85 grain sierras till end of winter since they are very accurate and work on the 123's when the snow melts and use a 4x16 FFP MRAD scope.
The holosight is easier to use with all the barrel cleaning and a lot lighter.
Not much fun walking through knee deep snow.
