02-04-2014, 02:36 AM
45r Wrote:My barrel and bolt show no problems at all.
The load I'm using is 29.6 grains H-322 under an 85 grain sierra with fed 205m primers.
My COL is 2.140 and the bullet is not jammed.
It ejects easily with no marks anywhere on the bullet.
The primers aren't flat and the load is a half grain under max.
I did a lot of prep to my upper build and that may have helped my barrel shoot well.
Not going to get chrono with deep snow outside.
I think it's close to 2900 fps.
Plenty good for yotes.
I apologize for not making myself clearer, 45r. I was not necessarily addressing myself or that post to reloaders, since any responsible reloader will work their charges up from a safe starting point, watching for pressure signs or significant deviations from velocity curves.
I was, however, trying to make the point primarily for the benefit of anyone who shoots factory ammunition without foreknowledge of the short chamber issues recently discussed. The individual whose post I linked to experienced classic symptoms of shooting ammunition intended for the expected freebore of a SAAMI chamber but jammed, instead, into the lands.
I commend you for doing the responsible thing, and seating your ammunition short of the throat and your charges within sane levels.
"A problem thoroughly understood is always fairly simple. Found your opinions on facts, not prejudices. We know too many things that are not true."
Charles F. Kettering

