01-19-2014, 08:15 AM
OK, my apologies, allow me to be absolutely precise.
I have hunted subsonic Blackout with the following projectiles;
Hornady 208gr Amax
Hornady 220gr RN
Berger 210gr Hybrid Match/Hunting
Sierra 220gr SMK
Sierra 225gr SMK
Sierra 220gr RN Pro Hunter
Outlaw State 220gr
None of the animals that I have inspected have had the projectile expand. Admittedly I have not cut open all of them and half simply run off wounded. As I said, subsonic hunting is not the same as supersonic. It's all about shot placement at close range. I have settled on the Sierra 220SMK in my system which is a 1:8twist, 16" carbine gas. They cycle fine and tumble on impact.
So Mr Minor, what subsonic projectiles have you hunted with in your Blackout? You have a strong opinion against someone who has so lets hear it? Any photo's?
(Please note, none of my post is in all-upper-case, but I can 'shout' at you if you want).
I have hunted subsonic Blackout with the following projectiles;
Hornady 208gr Amax
Hornady 220gr RN
Berger 210gr Hybrid Match/Hunting
Sierra 220gr SMK
Sierra 225gr SMK
Sierra 220gr RN Pro Hunter
Outlaw State 220gr
None of the animals that I have inspected have had the projectile expand. Admittedly I have not cut open all of them and half simply run off wounded. As I said, subsonic hunting is not the same as supersonic. It's all about shot placement at close range. I have settled on the Sierra 220SMK in my system which is a 1:8twist, 16" carbine gas. They cycle fine and tumble on impact.
So Mr Minor, what subsonic projectiles have you hunted with in your Blackout? You have a strong opinion against someone who has so lets hear it? Any photo's?
(Please note, none of my post is in all-upper-case, but I can 'shout' at you if you want).

