01-19-2014, 04:23 AM
I've wondered about the advantages of the Blackout. I keep coming back to the fact that my 230 grain .45 round has a bigger meplat, travels at a little slower speed our of my 1911, and actually mushrooms on impact, making it even larger than .45. Shoot that same out of a 16 inch Beretta Storm and it supresses nicely, nearly matches a 220gr Blackout bullet in speed, and is accurate at 100 yards, and is still traveling plenty fast to make a bad guy think twice.
I think the Blackout is a cool idea, I just can't figure out where it would fit in my "useful" arsenal.
Now the Hushpuppy comes along, and ......
And no reason a .45 suppressor wouldn't work just fine on it, if you really wanted one!
I think the Blackout is a cool idea, I just can't figure out where it would fit in my "useful" arsenal.
Now the Hushpuppy comes along, and ......
And no reason a .45 suppressor wouldn't work just fine on it, if you really wanted one!
You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live. - John Galt
