01-13-2014, 04:23 AM
Darkop Wrote:The AA Grendel barrels are threaded a goofy 3/4"X28TPI. I don't think anyone makes much in the way of QD/FS for this thread. I am pulling the barrel from my AA entry and am going to have it threaded standard 5/8X24 for the Vortex QD. his way I can run my Quicksand on my .308's, .300WM and 6.5's
Until that day,
Darkop
AA uses 9/16x24 because of barrel OD at the fore end and shoulder material, and this was adopted when there was no standard for large-bore AR10's or other calibers during the Clinton AWB (1994-2004). For example, Knight's Armament, who was the first to introduce a modern 7.62 NATO AR (SR-25), used and still uses 3/4x24. Armalite (really Eagle Arms) and DPMS chose to use 5/8x24, which is why it became more popular with the 7.62 NATO guns.
I was also going to recommend ThunderBeast Arms Brake Attach, since they have Titanium cans, and brakes for all the thread patterns.
