11-22-2013, 04:44 AM
I watched BjornF16 and his son shoot away with the Savage and 18" AR15 Grendel for 3 days straight. At the end of each day, their position looked like a belt-fed had been there, but they were hitting targets like it was fun. The Savage with a a featherweight barrel profile was good for hitting 4" targets at 400yds with boring repeatability.
I guess the main answer is, you can shoot with it all day, get really good with it and confident in shot placement, with basically no mentionable recoil, and kids can shoot with it too with no recoil anticipation, yet it still delivers more energy than one would expect for such a small cartridge.
I have shot 3-day sniper instructor courses before with a lightweight barreled .308 pushing 155gr Scenars, and by lunchtime on the first day, I had a pounding headache. The 140gr and even 130gr .260 Rem loads I shoot would generate quite a bit more recoil in a lightweight hunting rifle.
There is the allure of the 6.5 Grendel bolt gun. We also have forum members who have shoulder injuries, or are amputees, and a light-recoiling rifle with high BC pills makes a lot of sense there too.
Most importantly, this forum has normally been known for gentlemanly conduct. We're not perfect, but we strive to treat each other with consideration and respect. On other forums, it is common to see personal attacks, name-calling, and challenging of one's manhood, but not here.
I guess the main answer is, you can shoot with it all day, get really good with it and confident in shot placement, with basically no mentionable recoil, and kids can shoot with it too with no recoil anticipation, yet it still delivers more energy than one would expect for such a small cartridge.
I have shot 3-day sniper instructor courses before with a lightweight barreled .308 pushing 155gr Scenars, and by lunchtime on the first day, I had a pounding headache. The 140gr and even 130gr .260 Rem loads I shoot would generate quite a bit more recoil in a lightweight hunting rifle.
There is the allure of the 6.5 Grendel bolt gun. We also have forum members who have shoulder injuries, or are amputees, and a light-recoiling rifle with high BC pills makes a lot of sense there too.
Most importantly, this forum has normally been known for gentlemanly conduct. We're not perfect, but we strive to treat each other with consideration and respect. On other forums, it is common to see personal attacks, name-calling, and challenging of one's manhood, but not here.
