11-12-2013, 03:28 AM
bwaites Wrote:Tedward, if you are talking about rim thickness, for all intents the answer to your question is yes. The Grendel, the PPC cartridges, the .220 Russian, and the 7.62 all have the same rim thickness. There is of course some variation by manufacturer and lot, but they ae essentially the same, which is why you can make Grendel brass from 7.62 cases in a pinch.
That is why I said what I did at the beginning of my comment before I got the WTF from Bill A. Last time he called me an Uter Idiot and all I was doing was asking a question. So if the case is the same, that is what I was inquiring about. If they work for the other calibers you listed it could have worked for the Grendel. But the extractor had to be thinner according to Bill A and will break. If it doesn't break for the other calibers you listed, why does it break on the Grendel. More pressure? OK then. I still don't understand why the change from Type I (.125HS) to a Type II (.135HS).
like woohoo said, if they were all .125, then you could use that size and there would only be one bolt for all of the calibers. Even though its to late and it is what it is, that life. I just wanted to know if there was that reason.
That was my second part of the question I never got out.
