Bill Alexander Wrote:Now just think carefully about what you posted.
The 338 gun uses a different operating system for a cartridge that is nearly as big as an AR15 carrier and runs at close on 68,000 psi. WTF parts do you think are going to be common? The bolt, the magazine. Come on, you tell me exactly what mechanism parts in a new design 338 Lapua semi auto can possibly be common to an AR15 so you can buy the parts from existing suppliers. You think I go through all this cost and problems for fun!
As to the bolt for the Beowulf/Grendel. Just shave out a 0.080 groove in an existing extractor. Back of the groove has to sit at the bolt face and the rim can drift up to 0.065 thick. How much hook is left. Is that sliver of steel that remains going to hang on for long. I followed what was done before, because it was there for a reason. And remember you are only forwarding such criticism because we did the 6.5 Grendel when the rest of the industry was running on the shirt tails of the 6.8. "Screw those Alexander Arms people, doing a different cartridge when they should have just done the 6.8 which would have been compatible with everyone else's parts."
Bill Alexander
I guess you didn't understand my English (Virginia Slang), I was not saying they had anything in common. I was saying about your supply for the demand of the Grendel Barrel, Bolts, Rifles and ammo. And WTF?? Sounds so professional BILL!!!
Second, what you said about making the extractor a sliver, I AGREE, makes sense to make the head space deeper to keep the material on the extractor. I can add and subtract, thats what I was trying to understand. I was wondering how Woohoo was using the 7.62x39 bolt to work without having the thin extractor like you said. I was agreeing with what you were doing, just wanted confirmation. And you did a good job with the Grendel thats why we have them, thanks!!!!
I will not engage in your WTF behavior. Good day and take a chill pill Bill...
