02-19-2013, 11:52 PM
Satern barrels are cut-rifled, and at least one of the forum members has one that is 14.5", and it shoots some loads into .5" or less.
I have an economy button-rifled pipe from AA, 16" length, that consistently shoots from .8 MOA to 1.2 MOA, no matter what I shoot through it. So best groups I have had at 100yds are .79", and at 200yds have been 1.69", while worst at 100yds have been 1.2", and 2.2" at 200yds.
Your Satern barrel should shoot better than that, but you'll find out soon enough.
I have an economy button-rifled pipe from AA, 16" length, that consistently shoots from .8 MOA to 1.2 MOA, no matter what I shoot through it. So best groups I have had at 100yds are .79", and at 200yds have been 1.69", while worst at 100yds have been 1.2", and 2.2" at 200yds.
Your Satern barrel should shoot better than that, but you'll find out soon enough.
