Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Deer no. 4 for the Grrr.
#5
The deer was taken--by me in a hurry.-It came in way out of field, by the time I scoped him up------- I had to decide real quick.
He was doing the classic -lip curl. His nose was in a straight line w/ his spine-headed towards me, on a trail heading down hill-slightly. I was in my sons stand-20+ ft. up. His mouth opened at the shot-the only opportunity I had in the the thick under brush in N. Mn. I saw a small 3-4" window, went for it. The 94 gr. GMx <I planned for it to hit him in the back of throat = spine shot=drt. The small branch helped to miss the intended spot. Hit him in the rear( inside jaw hinge area,)) bullet spiraled side to side-after a path thru the jug. vein-wind pipe, neck muscles- a few vertebraes etc. When I found him-75 yd away, he only struggled for 10-15 seconds-he was red from nose to horn to shoulder- blood spray thru nostrils. I'll carry this one w/ me forever. My pal arrived to help, he said-wheres all the blood sprayed all over the place you spoke of? (it was hideous)-I reminded him-be happy today that you are red , colorblind. We rinsed as best as poss. =ABAP- for a pic. It was 34° F outside, I was in a t shirt cleaning him out-sweating big time. Blade & I had a 300yd drag-over logs , brush. Proccessed the unit last nite==84lbs. of fine venny. We had the camera in the trailer, -so it became clear to gut the deer first- that's why it looks bad.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Deer no. 4 for the Grrr. - by sneaky one - 11-08-2012, 01:57 AM
Deer no. 4 for the Grrr. - by sneaky one - 11-08-2012, 02:54 AM
Deer no. 4 for the Grrr. - by A.D.D. AR - 11-08-2012, 03:00 AM
Deer no. 4 for the Grrr. - by JohnOD - 11-08-2012, 03:39 AM
Deer no. 4 for the Grrr. - by sneaky one - 11-08-2012, 03:39 AM
Deer no. 4 for the Grrr. - by sneaky one - 11-08-2012, 03:44 AM
Deer no. 4 for the Grrr. - by Von Gruff - 11-08-2012, 04:02 AM
Deer no. 4 for the Grrr. - by JohnOD - 11-08-2012, 11:14 PM
Deer no. 4 for the Grrr. - by sneaky one - 11-09-2012, 12:10 AM
Deer no. 4 for the Grrr. - by sneaky one - 11-09-2012, 12:32 AM
Deer no. 4 for the Grrr. - by Von Gruff - 11-09-2012, 03:24 AM
Deer no. 4 for the Grrr. - by Schwag173 - 11-09-2012, 03:53 AM
Deer no. 4 for the Grrr. - by sneaky one - 11-09-2012, 02:21 PM
Deer no. 4 for the Grrr. - by LRRPF52 - 11-09-2012, 07:29 PM
Deer no. 4 for the Grrr. - by sneaky one - 11-09-2012, 11:49 PM
Deer no. 4 for the Grrr. - by sneaky one - 11-10-2012, 03:05 AM
Deer no. 4 for the Grrr. - by LRRPF52 - 11-10-2012, 08:50 PM
Deer no. 4 for the Grrr. - by PA_Allen - 11-11-2012, 04:18 AM
Deer no. 4 for the Grrr. - by ricsmall - 11-11-2012, 05:35 AM
Deer no. 4 for the Grrr. - by Variable - 11-11-2012, 05:38 AM
Deer no. 4 for the Grrr. - by sneaky one - 11-12-2012, 01:42 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)