10-24-2012, 06:06 PM
leopard6.5 Wrote:DIESEL758: It might be just my experience but I've never had a charging handle pull back as hard as you are describing even when brand new.
Mine have always been like what you described with your .223, sometimes maybe just a little harder when new but nowhere near as hard as you're saying your Grendel is.
Are you seeing any scratch marks inside the upper receiver or metal shavings inside the upper receiver?
Good luck and let us know what you find.
Lee
Not finding any shavings, If I undo the lower and slide the handle and carrier it's like butter, but when I reattached the lower it just fills way to stiff. I know it's now were being broke in yet I have only fired 30 rounds thru it. I am going to take the carrier out of my .223 it's an m16 carrier as well and see if there is any change and also the spring before I do anything with the gas hole.
