10-07-2012, 02:27 AM
Y85 Wrote:Ok - I lost my half-written thread..... Anyway, I plan to walk a bit w this rifle since I spend too much time in tree stands during bow season. I would like to make this a 6.5lb rifle (unloaded, w.o scope) -- flute the barrel (18") to save 1/2lb -- does anyone know how much weight the AP Custom hand guards save over the AAMK10?
I looked at the AA Tactical trigger but they (AA) tell me it is 4-6lbs and I really prefer a 2.75-3lb trigger. Thoughts?
On a parallel thought line, I have seen folks on other threads swear by Vortex optics; I have a 2.5-10 x 56 Trijicon (mil-dot reticle) on my DPMS 338. The Vortex PST 4-16 x 50 is about the same money but weighs a little more (6oz or so). Does anyone have a thought on scopes for a 6.5G rifle that needs to be carried and might be asked to shoot an antelope @500 yds?
The AA trigger is 4 pounds, but it breaks very cleanly, and doesn't seem like a 4 pound trigger. It's my favorite single stage and is on all my AR's, except for my 28" which sports a Geissele.
The Vortex PST is an awesome piece of glass, and would be what I would put on a rifle where I expected to have to shoot 500-600 yards.
You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live. - John Galt
