Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Advice on AR for hunting
#20
I have the Rock River 2 stage trigger on mine and its great.

As far as a muzzle break goes, I don't see a need. I was able to watch my pronghorn rise up after the slug impacted then fall and roll down the slope as his heart beat its last. The recoil is nothing as far as painful recoil goes. If you were shooting long range targets I guess it would help, but for hunting I see no need.

BTW mine is a 20 inch fluted Sabre barrel and I carried it several miles while I was scouting and during the actual hunt and I didn't have a problem with the weight. I have liighter rifles, but it isn't near as heavy as the 24 inch of my buddy's.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Advice on AR for hunting - by Y85 - 09-21-2012, 12:56 AM
Advice on AR for hunting - by Deer Hunter - 09-21-2012, 10:33 PM
Advice on AR for hunting - by hm2 clark - 09-21-2012, 10:59 PM
Advice on AR for hunting - by JDub - 09-22-2012, 12:49 AM
Advice on AR for hunting - by Y85 - 09-22-2012, 04:34 AM
Advice on AR for hunting - by feetpiece - 09-22-2012, 06:14 AM
Advice on AR for hunting - by Y85 - 09-22-2012, 12:05 PM
Advice on AR for hunting - by Whelenon - 09-22-2012, 04:27 PM
Advice on AR for hunting - by Sojorboy - 09-22-2012, 04:49 PM
Advice on AR for hunting - by Y85 - 09-22-2012, 06:48 PM
Advice on AR for hunting - by A.D.D. AR - 09-23-2012, 03:28 AM
Advice on AR for hunting - by Y85 - 09-23-2012, 06:33 PM
Advice on AR for hunting - by Deer Hunter - 09-25-2012, 01:09 AM
Advice on AR for hunting - by Y85 - 09-26-2012, 11:49 AM
Advice on AR for hunting - by razor - 09-28-2012, 04:40 AM
Advice on AR for hunting - by Y85 - 10-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Advice on AR for hunting - by BjornF16 - 10-05-2012, 11:33 PM
Advice on AR for hunting - by Schwag173 - 10-05-2012, 11:51 PM
Advice on AR for hunting - by BjornF16 - 10-06-2012, 12:01 AM
Advice on AR for hunting - by P-P - 10-06-2012, 02:47 AM
Advice on AR for hunting - by Y85 - 10-06-2012, 08:03 PM
Advice on AR for hunting - by P-P - 10-07-2012, 02:11 AM
Advice on AR for hunting - by bwaites - 10-07-2012, 02:27 AM
Advice on AR for hunting - by Y85 - 10-07-2012, 12:31 PM
Advice on AR for hunting - by BjornF16 - 10-07-2012, 01:40 PM
Advice on AR for hunting - by Tech09 - 11-06-2012, 06:24 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)