09-25-2012, 01:09 AM
Ive shot a deer out to 250+ and dropped him right where he stood. I caught a boar staring a little to long, popped him at 400 yards (both with 123 gr Hornady A-max). Ive seen a few here that didnt like the Amax for longer distances on whitetails but it was devastating on the one i shot as well as the boar. Is a 300-400 yard shot humane? Absolutely. 500 yards should be no problem for thin skinned game.
I dont have a muzzlebrake on my 2 Grendels because i have bull barrels so i cant really suggest one to you but the Grendel is so smooth and mild mannered you really dont need one in my opinion. I dont have the Oracle lowers but i have 3 DPMS lowers and they all work great but ive yet to break down and buy my Timney triggers for my Grendels, consider the Timneys for whatever AR you have.
I dont have a muzzlebrake on my 2 Grendels because i have bull barrels so i cant really suggest one to you but the Grendel is so smooth and mild mannered you really dont need one in my opinion. I dont have the Oracle lowers but i have 3 DPMS lowers and they all work great but ive yet to break down and buy my Timney triggers for my Grendels, consider the Timneys for whatever AR you have.
