05-20-2011, 05:03 AM
warped Wrote:my builds all have standard milspec trigger groups (Colt), I tuned them though and you would be hard presssed to tell the difference
Sure wish I knew how to do that!!! I paid the extra $40 to get the LMT two stage on my m4 lower, and I'll never be happy with a standard trigger again.
There is also another aspect to the saving money bit... I've found I can get Daniel Defence LPK's for the same price as generics & DPMS, with magpul trigger guard to boot! GI Contract BC's for the same or less than generics. Colt lose parts (handguard cap, delta ring, etc) for same as generic.
So my interest of late is to see how much I can move to better quality parts while keeping the cost in budge build range. You have to pick & choose to do that, so the kit's are better if you are not up to that.
That's also how I ended up with a LMT complete lower, I could not build one for less than I could buy it complete once I shopped around. Especially not with upgrade trigger.

