05-14-2012, 07:22 AM
My only real quibble with the above would be that I don't believe NFA status is reflected in any of the normal checks (NCIC, etc.) that are available to regular law enforcement. A weapon that isn't reported stolen won't show up period. That being said, if I wanted to check NFA status I could call Martinsburg and find out. They would give me a hit back if I requested it and something popped up in the registry. I could be wrong, but that's how it is to my knowledge.
Either way, I would still treat an NFA arm as exactly that (NFA)-- regardless. While I think the whole NFA registry is a ridiculous mess and a burdensome farce foisted on us by the anti-gunners, it isn't worth getting burned over either.
Either way, I would still treat an NFA arm as exactly that (NFA)-- regardless. While I think the whole NFA registry is a ridiculous mess and a burdensome farce foisted on us by the anti-gunners, it isn't worth getting burned over either.

