LOL...I think what fkleinbu is really saying is there isn't an easy way to verify the lower receiver was never originally a rifle.
That ad has a lot of information listed, but a lot of it is useless. I would want to know, as a minimum, more about the barrel (twist), the buffer weight, trigger, how many rounds fired, etc.
I'm also currently "shopping" for a pistol. My approach is to find (or build up) a good quality upper. I started a thread here.
My suggestion, to play it safe in fkleinbu's book, would be to purchase a new stripped lower (adding pistol buffer) or new pistol configured lower from an FFL dealer, then purchase a pistol upper of your choice.
There are other threads on the Grendel forum that speak to barrel length/reliability for 5.56 pistols/sbr's. Based upon some of the expertise on this site, I'm leaning towards a 11.5" barrel for reliability (might take the Nestea plunge for a 10.5" from LMT configured as Mk18) in 1:7 twist.
Of course, I keep eyeballing the AA 10.5" upper...
Just my $.02. Happy hunting
That ad has a lot of information listed, but a lot of it is useless. I would want to know, as a minimum, more about the barrel (twist), the buffer weight, trigger, how many rounds fired, etc.
I'm also currently "shopping" for a pistol. My approach is to find (or build up) a good quality upper. I started a thread here.
My suggestion, to play it safe in fkleinbu's book, would be to purchase a new stripped lower (adding pistol buffer) or new pistol configured lower from an FFL dealer, then purchase a pistol upper of your choice.
There are other threads on the Grendel forum that speak to barrel length/reliability for 5.56 pistols/sbr's. Based upon some of the expertise on this site, I'm leaning towards a 11.5" barrel for reliability (might take the Nestea plunge for a 10.5" from LMT configured as Mk18) in 1:7 twist.
Of course, I keep eyeballing the AA 10.5" upper...

Just my $.02. Happy hunting

