txgunner00 Wrote:9mm SBR uppers are super fun. I don't have one myself (yet) but a buddy of mine does as well as a registered FA lower. THAT's a good time.Yep, I used to shoot a lot of 9mm through my M11 and MP40, but I sold the MP40 and the M11 hasn't seen the light of day for a long time. I still use my registered sear in AR's a fair bit though.
We used to have 9mm MP5's at work, and then they got MP5/10s, but they take a back door to the AR in my book. We also have SBS Rem. 870s, but they gather a lot of dust compared to the Colts as well.
9mm is great cost wise, but I read something that flipped on a lightbulb in my head one day: A 9mm ball round weighs almost the same as a 55 gr. M193 ball round.... After that I ditched every thing in 9mm larger than a Glock 34 (except the M11), and have stayed focused on 5.56 and Grendel ever since.
The M11 is certainly fun and cheaper to shoot, and it is more controllable with a suppressor (CAC-9), but I choose to get more carbine practice these days. A Colt Commando will be harder to control on auto fire, but it doesn't need as many rounds to get the job done to start with.LOL
A Colt DOE gun would be welcome in my stable for fun though.
I just wouldn't want to pay what they go for these days!

