05-11-2012, 01:05 PM
BjornF16 Wrote:[snipage] If you think about it, there is no way (legally) that the ATF would know if a lower was purchased as "pistol" or "rifle" (since they are banned from keeping records of gun purchases). So what really matters is how it is configured (and what components you have or don't have "nearby").
[snipage]
From what I have read, Amazon will start collecting taxes on July 1st. (Does this apply to completely electronic purchases such as Kindle books?)
<LOL> the govyment especially given the current administration, and its agencies have really never shown a tradition of following the sprit much less the letter of the law <LOL>..
Having a collection of T/C's (and own the domain for a internet T/C discussions forum) I am well aware of the law regarding swapping a T/C frame between being a pistol and a rifle.. And even for my T/C's just to make sure no one can say that extra pistol barrel can be installed on that rifle frame, each barrel I have, has its' own frame, but that is done more since some barrels will not work as well with some frames..
And again, the best way is to live a squeaky clean life best we can and never run afoul of them..
As far as I would guess, tax would also be collected on purely electronic sales items such as downloadable books or software..
flk k
