05-11-2012, 11:53 AM
BjornF16 Wrote:1. An SBR can be "de-registered" by simply notifying the ATF, so an SBR is not always an SBR.
[snip]
... if you only have a pistol but also have an attachable shoulder stock nearby, then that is intent to make an SBR.
We really saying basically the same thing in that you can legally convert a lower between a pistol and rifle, again perhaps I am not clear..
Personally though, my pistol lowers are marked as "Pistol" on the lower, and they are the only ones which get the short barrels, and all other lowers never get less than a 16" barrel..
There is one exception in regards to your point 1.. I was told by an Class III dealer, once registered, always registered.. Just as if I legally converted a firearm to full auto, it then is always classified as a FA.. Is this wrong as well and you can deregister a FA??
But the real important part, I follow a pretty clean life, so I should never run afoul of Law enforcement..
Flk k
