Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
6.5 125 NPTs in stock
#4
Harpoon1 Wrote:What’s your pet load with those 129 ABLR? I get/know every gun is different but, I’ve never been able to get them to fly really well, even out of a Creedmoor!

You have to have a VLD seater so you don’t damage the ogive, or modify your seater stem to accommodate it.

You also need to double-seat it for concentricity with an initial start on seating, then rotate the cartridge in the shell holder, and fully-seat.

I haven’t worked with it in many years, but have hundreds of them. I was using 30.7gr of CFE223 in Hornady brass. I don’t think I ever saw super-tight groups, but don’t really care since it’s something I would only use within ranges where 1.5 MOA is plenty accurate.

A 1.5” group at 100yds with that bullet means a cone of hit probability of 4.5” with a max radius from Point of Aim of 2.25” at 300yds, assuming you do everything else correctly.

1.5 MOA would be a 6” group or 3” radius from POA at 400yds.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com
Reply


Messages In This Thread
6.5 125 NPTs in stock - by EastTNHunter - 09-16-2023, 11:55 AM
6.5 125 NPTs in stock - by LRRPF52 - 09-18-2023, 06:05 PM
6.5 125 NPTs in stock - by Harpoon1 - 09-18-2023, 07:14 PM
6.5 125 NPTs in stock - by LRRPF52 - 09-19-2023, 04:55 PM
6.5 125 NPTs in stock - by Harpoon1 - 09-19-2023, 07:37 PM
6.5 125 NPTs in stock - by tlen - 09-19-2023, 10:04 PM
6.5 125 NPTs in stock - by Old Bob - 09-20-2023, 02:56 AM
6.5 125 NPTs in stock - by LRRPF52 - 09-20-2023, 11:08 PM
6.5 125 NPTs in stock - by Harpoon1 - 09-21-2023, 04:17 AM
6.5 125 NPTs in stock - by bmash - 09-21-2023, 05:47 PM
6.5 125 NPTs in stock - by Harpoon1 - 09-24-2023, 08:11 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)