08-15-2022, 08:51 PM
Harpoon1 Wrote:+1
If Im trying a new powder, case, primer combo, I usually just do a 10 round ladder test to see if theyll work together and find some likely areas to investigate. If Im already familiar, with accuracy nodes around 3% of charge weight apart, then usually 5-6, 3 shots groups can isolate what Im looking for!
The 10 round ladder is only a starting point, not the end result!
Satterlee has refined his technique even more, heres the latest version I can find!
https://youtu.be/WSSaiX7akaQ
Been using ladder testing for years (optimal charge weight). 1 shot and 1% jumps (about .2gr in the Grendel and about 1gr in the RUM) from starting load to max.
I am looking for when multiple shots in a row group together. Then I focus on development around that charge weight for accuracy.
This has never let me down. Not once.

