08-11-2022, 03:40 AM
Harpoon1 Wrote:Touché!
Well, I can only report my results!
I say this both seriously and jokingly. You are literally lucky.
I'm going to start a thread on my views of the statistical relevance of Satterlee so it doesn't get lost. It seems to come up everytime someone shoots a string. I need to work on it so as not to get lost in statistical theory. As a preview, I'll use two examples. One is an example of something I have experienced more than once: The Wild Goose Chase (looks like the OP was on one today).The other is something that I have likely experienced but can't be proven and has an equal probability: The Lost Golden Goose. It should be a fun debate.
On the point of recoil management affecting SDs, the theory sounds reasonable. A varying rearward rifle velocity will affect the velocity of the bullet on exit from the barrel. I wonder if this has ever been empirically tested. Could be done with a known low sd load on a lead sled. Without worrying about accuracy, fire a string with the stock against the back of the sled and then a string or two with the stock forward of the back, maybe an inch or 2. Would be interesting to see the result.
Let's go Brandon!


