08-04-2022, 10:59 PM
Dt219 Wrote:Ok here goes some results. I loaded the 120eldm with a ladder of ar comp. This bullet is touching the lands of my 20 PF criterion at 1.645 cbto, and 2.190 coal. So I loaded .020 off them which was 1.625. I started my ladder at 26.0 in .2 increments and went to 26.8. Its a short ladder I know because i could hear powder being compressed for sure at 26.6 so being on the uneasy side I stopped at 26.8. Anyways temperature was 90 and very humid, velocities was as follows
26.0 - 2417
26.2 - 2418
26.4 - 2443
26.6 - 2447
26.8 - 2457
I split the middle and loaded 26.6. Speeds was 2429, 2435, 2427. Only a 3 shot Group and was roughly 1 es of 8, sd of 4. Couple of questions.
1. I noticed my speeds was up there for a low charge. Was it because the load was compressed ?
2. Would you run a seating depth test going closer to the lands to help with the compression ?
3. Pick a different bullet ?
Thanks
Yes the speed is up because the powder is compressed.
With the powder compressed, you dont have any room too change seating depth, so you will have too leave the load as is.
If you move towards the lands. One of two things will happen. You will either lose a few fps and the group will open or possible close but more then likely your going to spike the pressure.

