08-04-2022, 10:57 PM
Dt219 Wrote:Ok here goes some results. I loaded the 120eldm with a ladder of ar comp. This bullet is touching the lands of my 20 PF criterion at 1.645 cbto, and 2.190 coal. So I loaded .020 off them which was 1.625. I started my ladder at 26.0 in .2 increments and went to 26.8. Its a short ladder I know because i could hear powder being compressed for sure at 26.6 so being on the uneasy side I stopped at 26.8. Anyways temperature was 90 and very humid, velocities was as follows
26.0 - 2417
26.2 - 2418
26.4 - 2443
26.6 - 2447
26.8 - 2457
I split the middle and loaded 26.6. Speeds was 2429, 2435, 2427. Only a 3 shot Group and was roughly 1 es of 8, sd of 4. Couple of questions.
1. I noticed my speeds was up there for a low charge. Was it because the load was compressed ?
2. Would you run a seating depth test going closer to the lands to help with the compression ?
3. Pick a different bullet ?
Thanks
120gr ELD-M is meant for 6.5CM or chambers with parallel freebore, not the compound throat of the 6.5 Grendel SAAMI chamber.
123gr ELD-M is your friend for 6.5 Grendel. Notice how short your COL is with the 120gr ELD-M.
Your speeds are about where I would expect them to be for a 20 with that charge weight, based on numerous published loads as reference.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
