03-08-2022, 03:38 AM
My cz 527 varmint grendel with its 25.4 inch barrel and long load mags gets a 129 ablr going just over 2600fps with starline brass,cci450 and h4895 and a coal length of 2.335 inches.
I'm in ballistic soup air of Louisiana and I have hit at 1200 yards with it and 1000 yards has become routine but I still have too be johhny on the spot with my wind calls.
The 129 ablr or the 130 Berger hybrid is the highest bc .264 cal bullet your going to beable too throw from the grendel case and make any kind if speed.
And your only going to get there by single loading are by having a mag setup that allows much longer then 2.300 coal length. Your also going to need more then a 20 inch barrel if you want too get the speeds up past 2450fps realistically and have long term brass life without pushing pressure too the intense extreme side.
Honestly your better off with a 123 eld or scenar then going with the big boys.
I have a 123 eld load for this same rifle that will out class the 129 ablr load. And it's a much easier load too get right and keep right. Not as much fussing at the load bench when compared too the extreme detail the 129 ablr load requires of my time too do.
I'm in ballistic soup air of Louisiana and I have hit at 1200 yards with it and 1000 yards has become routine but I still have too be johhny on the spot with my wind calls.
The 129 ablr or the 130 Berger hybrid is the highest bc .264 cal bullet your going to beable too throw from the grendel case and make any kind if speed.
And your only going to get there by single loading are by having a mag setup that allows much longer then 2.300 coal length. Your also going to need more then a 20 inch barrel if you want too get the speeds up past 2450fps realistically and have long term brass life without pushing pressure too the intense extreme side.
Honestly your better off with a 123 eld or scenar then going with the big boys.
I have a 123 eld load for this same rifle that will out class the 129 ablr load. And it's a much easier load too get right and keep right. Not as much fussing at the load bench when compared too the extreme detail the 129 ablr load requires of my time too do.

