Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Highest BC Bullet... ????
#12
LR1955 Wrote:BJ:

Not really sure what you want out of all of this.

........

LR-55

Here's what I want......

When I go to the range it is for 4-5 hours. I shoot a lot and it is nice to have a couple of long range guns with little recoil, to give me some relief from the "Big Sticks". I can't sit there and shoot 200 rounds out of my 7mm Mag all day. It's too punishing. So I have a .223 and now a Grendel to rotate and shoot with little recoil. I live by the moto... "Practice, practice.... practice"

So I am sitting on the "ELR Steel Range", on a cement bench that is 1000-2000 yards and I am not changing ranges and benches once I get set up with Chrono and Spotting Scope and ammo and guns and cases... etc.....

So I need the Grendel to perform on the ELR and would like to try and hit some steels with it at 1 mile and maybe 2000 yards. When you run the Hornady calculator for the Grendel, it is very, very appealing with a 147g that has a BC of .697. out in the 1k-2k range. 147 is far better than the 123.

Also, I usually "hand, single-feed".... Don't care if they fit in the mag.

At the end of the day, I have the 147g pills and I will reload them and give them a go and report back here what I learn. I just wondered if anyone had any data to share.


Buy the way, this is my .223 and with my 67gr hand-loads, it easily plays out to 1,400 yards. Savage Model 12, Heavy, Stainless 26" Barrel, 6-24x Optics.

[Image: l0o7cIT.jpg]
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by Big_John - 03-04-2022, 07:00 PM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by kmon - 03-04-2022, 07:05 PM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by Big_John - 03-04-2022, 07:27 PM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by Big_John - 03-04-2022, 08:40 PM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by tdbru - 03-04-2022, 09:13 PM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by grayfox - 03-04-2022, 09:46 PM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by Klem - 03-04-2022, 10:03 PM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by Big_John - 03-05-2022, 02:06 AM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by StoneHendge - 03-05-2022, 03:01 AM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by Harpoon1 - 03-05-2022, 10:15 AM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by LR1955 - 03-05-2022, 01:21 PM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by Big_John - 03-06-2022, 05:49 PM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by grayfox - 03-06-2022, 06:42 PM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by LRRPF52 - 03-06-2022, 07:14 PM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by Big_John - 03-06-2022, 08:41 PM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by Big_John - 03-06-2022, 08:42 PM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by Big_John - 03-06-2022, 08:47 PM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by Feral - 03-06-2022, 10:53 PM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by Big_John - 03-07-2022, 11:20 PM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by kmon - 03-08-2022, 12:28 AM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by grayfox - 03-08-2022, 01:53 AM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by myrifle - 03-08-2022, 03:38 AM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by kmon - 03-08-2022, 04:27 AM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by LR1955 - 03-08-2022, 01:22 PM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by Big_John - 03-10-2022, 12:02 AM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by LR1955 - 03-10-2022, 12:33 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)