03-04-2022, 09:13 PM
BJ,
go to the hornady web site with their ballistic calculator https://www.hornady.com/team-hornady/bal...rs/#!/4dof
put in the numbers and see where you SG drops below 1.5. you may be ok. I've not looked into the very heavy 6.5 bullets in this tiny case. since you loose velocity quite a bit with the heavier bullets due to limited powder capacity, you may find that, as kmon mentioned, you might be able to keep a 130 ELDM SS to a further distance than the 147gr. ELDM due to the big difference in velocity.
there use to be a poster, whom I haven't seen post for awhile, that shot the 6.5 Gr out to over a mile at a gong. I think he was using a 28" bbl length on an AR platform. If I recall Mel was his posting name. You might find those threads of some interest.
regards,
-tdbru
go to the hornady web site with their ballistic calculator https://www.hornady.com/team-hornady/bal...rs/#!/4dof
put in the numbers and see where you SG drops below 1.5. you may be ok. I've not looked into the very heavy 6.5 bullets in this tiny case. since you loose velocity quite a bit with the heavier bullets due to limited powder capacity, you may find that, as kmon mentioned, you might be able to keep a 130 ELDM SS to a further distance than the 147gr. ELDM due to the big difference in velocity.
there use to be a poster, whom I haven't seen post for awhile, that shot the 6.5 Gr out to over a mile at a gong. I think he was using a 28" bbl length on an AR platform. If I recall Mel was his posting name. You might find those threads of some interest.
regards,
-tdbru

