Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Highest BC Bullet... ????
#1
New here to the forum and I have some questions. I want to really reach out to the far limits with this little Howa Plinker that is new to me. I reload and have a good selection of .264 bullets, as I also shoot a 6.5 PRC out to 2k yards.

I just wonder..... for you benchrest shooters, what is the highest ballistic coefficient bullet you are pushing, out this tiny little case?

The Hornady 147gr ELD Match, that I shoot with my PRC is a bullet I would like to try, as it has a BC of .697. I know it will have to be pushed into the case, hence taking up some room for powder. But has anyone tried it?

If I could get 2,200 fps out of it, I should be able to get over 1,000 fps at a mile (1,760) at my elevation of 5,000 feet. It would be super-sonic at 1,400 yards.

Who has load data and experience for long bullets with high BC's with the Grendel?


........
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by Big_John - 03-04-2022, 07:00 PM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by kmon - 03-04-2022, 07:05 PM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by Big_John - 03-04-2022, 07:27 PM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by Big_John - 03-04-2022, 08:40 PM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by tdbru - 03-04-2022, 09:13 PM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by grayfox - 03-04-2022, 09:46 PM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by Klem - 03-04-2022, 10:03 PM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by Big_John - 03-05-2022, 02:06 AM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by StoneHendge - 03-05-2022, 03:01 AM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by Harpoon1 - 03-05-2022, 10:15 AM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by LR1955 - 03-05-2022, 01:21 PM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by Big_John - 03-06-2022, 05:49 PM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by grayfox - 03-06-2022, 06:42 PM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by LRRPF52 - 03-06-2022, 07:14 PM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by Big_John - 03-06-2022, 08:41 PM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by Big_John - 03-06-2022, 08:42 PM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by Big_John - 03-06-2022, 08:47 PM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by Feral - 03-06-2022, 10:53 PM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by Big_John - 03-07-2022, 11:20 PM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by kmon - 03-08-2022, 12:28 AM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by grayfox - 03-08-2022, 01:53 AM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by myrifle - 03-08-2022, 03:38 AM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by kmon - 03-08-2022, 04:27 AM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by LR1955 - 03-08-2022, 01:22 PM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by Big_John - 03-10-2022, 12:02 AM
Highest BC Bullet... ???? - by LR1955 - 03-10-2022, 12:33 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)