Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
The 120-123 class won’t group what is going on
#58
Dt219 Wrote:Update is I have bought a lilja from lilja and a criterion from mark at PF. I honest to god believe I have bought 2 duds. I can get the lilja to group 85-90gr pills but that’s it. I would love to ship either upper off and let someone see what they could do with it. It might be me but I doubt it. Very seriously considering selling them both and my magneto-speed and buying a Odin or Wilson combat

So you have already proven that the barrels are capable of shooting and that you are capable of shooting the group sizes you desire, but only with 85-90gr.

Are you free-recoiling or applying larger caliber gas gun fundamentals?

That’s usually the big separator in my experience.

You don’t have to try hard to get 85-9gr bullets to shoot well in a capable barrel in the AR-15/6.5 Grendel.

Step up to heavier weights, and the rifle will have more recoil-induced positional degradation from shot-to-shot if you don’t manage it well.

You need to apply very firm, rearward pressure into your torso or wherever the butt of the stock is for you.

I use a rear bag and "settle the gun” into the position before I break any shots. As I settle the gun, I watch the sight picture until it consistently settles into the Point of Aim where I want it, and doesn’t easily depart outside of that place on the target.

Did you mention what trigger you’re using?
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com
Reply


Messages In This Thread
The 120-123 class won’t group what is going on - by LRRPF52 - 01-24-2022, 07:16 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)