10-04-2021, 01:31 AM
before we can have any ideas on what is going on, need more info on the specific loads.
What barrel length?
Loads - What powder, bullet, grains, primer (although any reputable primer will obviously work, as long as it's the same one for your loads), oal and where does that bullet hit the lands (so we can figure the jump) - have you measured where the bullets hit lands with an OAL gauge?
I have a 20" lilja and it will shoot anything, 120-123's included. Sometimes you need to have the right load however.
Factory hornady black won't tell you much about a barrel.
Of the powders you list, I wouldn't have chosen either varget or Bmk, cfe223 will work but you need to be close to top of your useable powder range. Lever is a bit faster than CFE but I don't have any load data for it.
Final thought: have you done any ladder shooting to see how your lot of powder and bullet combo works MV-wise, in your barrel?
What barrel length?
Loads - What powder, bullet, grains, primer (although any reputable primer will obviously work, as long as it's the same one for your loads), oal and where does that bullet hit the lands (so we can figure the jump) - have you measured where the bullets hit lands with an OAL gauge?
I have a 20" lilja and it will shoot anything, 120-123's included. Sometimes you need to have the right load however.
Factory hornady black won't tell you much about a barrel.
Of the powders you list, I wouldn't have chosen either varget or Bmk, cfe223 will work but you need to be close to top of your useable powder range. Lever is a bit faster than CFE but I don't have any load data for it.
Final thought: have you done any ladder shooting to see how your lot of powder and bullet combo works MV-wise, in your barrel?
"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

