Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Shaw barrels
#4
Dt219 Wrote:I purchased a 18” Shaw barrel for my first ever ar15 grendel build. What kind of reputation does their barrels have in this community ? I sure hope at least moa or less at 100

Dt:

When the Grendel came out, Alexander offered Shaw or (I think) Shilen.

He put Shaws on the Overwatch. I had one and initial testing at 100 was promising. Until I took it to 300 and then 500. The Shaw on the Overwatch was better than a rack grade but not much. Not a competitive barrel.

Lothar Walther also made barrels for the Grendel but due to a bunch of stuff back then, he did not sell to Alexander and his headspace was based on the 7.62 X 39 bolt and not the Grendel bolt Alexander said was proprietary.

If I had a choice between a Shaw and a LW barrel it would be hands down the LW barrel. If I had a choice between a Shilen and a LW barrel it would be the Shilen.

Shaw makes hunting barrels -- reliable enough but hunting accuracy.

LR55
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Shaw barrels - by Dt219 - 11-25-2020, 01:26 PM
Shaw barrels - by VASCAR2 - 11-25-2020, 02:10 PM
Shaw barrels - by Mesa1978 - 11-25-2020, 02:20 PM
Shaw barrels - by LR1955 - 11-25-2020, 10:22 PM
Shaw barrels - by Dt219 - 11-26-2020, 01:09 AM
Shaw barrels - by Fess - 11-26-2020, 01:33 AM
Shaw barrels - by LR1955 - 11-26-2020, 01:59 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)