Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Shooting Bear FAILURE- Prompts Attack, Hunter Injured
#18
Keef Wrote:Ok, Stinky Coyote we will just have to disagree on this one. You are ok with people starving dogs and abandoning dogs and I am not.

Just so I’m perfectly clear. And I’m honestly curious. Are you talking about ALL hunters that use dogs? Are you talking about upland game hunters enlisting the help of a pointer? How about waterfowl hunters with a lab or a Chesapeake? The reason this piqued my curiosity is that in my world, good hunting dogs are expensive and I’ve honestly never known a hunter to neglect his dog. My Pudelpointer would never complain about eating all the leftovers I can sneak him, or sleeping in a heated and air conditioned house. And boy you ought to see him get excited when the over-under comes out. Or a bag of decoys.

Why stop there if we’re against using dogs for their well bred intended purpose? Should all stock dogs be kept as house pets? If you want to see dogs that are unhappy, and mentally unstable, get a border collie and never let him work. Get a well bred high drive hunting dog, and never take him hunting. If you really want to truly despise your dog, get a hunting hound and never let him track and tree animals. They will be miserable.

In my opinion we’re talking about two different things here. We’re talking about hunting. You are talking about criminal abandonment of animals. Just so we’re clear. I agree with you. People who mistreat their dogs are the lowest kind of trash. They deserve jail or prison. Those kind of people should never be allowed to carry a firearm to hunt with their dogs in the first place.

Ethical hunters take care of their dogs. This was never part of the conversation. A hard working dog will however, end the season leaner than he started. As will a pack horse, or cow horse. As do I, and most other hunters I know. Very different subject.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Shooting Bear FAILURE- Prompts Attack, Hunter Injured - by Dug Silverman - 09-08-2020, 02:00 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)