07-19-2020, 01:21 PM
Klem Wrote:JTB,
I run all new brass through the sizing die so they are guaranteed to be uniform. I also champher the inside mouth to provide an angled surface for when the bullet is inserted. You only have to do this once in the life of the case.
After the first firing there should be no change to the accuracy if full-length sizing for an auto loader. For a bolt gun many guys neck size only as this leaves the case expanded (fire-formed) to the shape of the chamber. This is supposed to be more accurate than FL sizing because the bullet is now concentric to the bore.
You can ream flash holes if you want but I doubt you will see any benefit in an AR. If using Lapua brass this is unnecessary anyway because I hear they drill their flash holes instead of punching them.
10/4 sir. Thank you. I thought thatÂ’s what you guys would say.

