Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Full length resizing help
#19
Briano23 Wrote:Right now I'm looking for a 6.5 Grendel Full Length die I have the FORSTER ULTRA MICROMETER SEATER DIE FOR 6.5 GRENDEL, but I have on order the Forster FL die for 6.5 but this die is 12 weeks out before delivery. so I 'm contemplating purchase purchase a second FL die but not sure which one for the 6.5 grendel.
My 308 Dies are Redding National Match die set I also use a Lee Collet neck die for this as well.

Brian,

I like those Collet dies also. It's the only Lee die I will recommend, for bolt guns only of course. I ran the .223 Collet's stem in a drill press with sand paper for a little more neck tension so that's always an option. You have to slim the whole stem, not just the area where the collet jaws clamp the neck, to be able to get the case off after sizing.

You have my measurements above but there's no guarantee buying the same again will be the exactly the same dimensions (although I imagine they will be close). The other guys know their dies too so I'm sure we can narrow it down.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Full length resizing help - by Briano23 - 07-08-2020, 12:14 AM
Full length resizing help - by A5BLASTER - 07-08-2020, 02:01 AM
Full length resizing help - by tdbru - 07-08-2020, 02:44 AM
Full length resizing help - by Klem - 07-08-2020, 03:04 AM
Full length resizing help - by Briano23 - 07-08-2020, 09:14 AM
Full length resizing help - by Klem - 07-08-2020, 10:34 AM
Full length resizing help - by Briano23 - 07-08-2020, 01:09 PM
Full length resizing help - by ricsmall - 07-08-2020, 02:17 PM
Full length resizing help - by Briano23 - 07-08-2020, 03:54 PM
Full length resizing help - by kmon - 07-08-2020, 04:01 PM
Full length resizing help - by Briano23 - 07-08-2020, 04:08 PM
Full length resizing help - by Briano23 - 07-08-2020, 04:10 PM
Full length resizing help - by Briano23 - 07-08-2020, 06:44 PM
Full length resizing help - by tdbru - 07-08-2020, 07:28 PM
Full length resizing help - by FLshooter - 07-08-2020, 09:14 PM
Full length resizing help - by Happy2Shoot - 07-08-2020, 10:37 PM
Full length resizing help - by Klem - 07-09-2020, 12:06 AM
Full length resizing help - by Briano23 - 07-09-2020, 09:03 AM
Full length resizing help - by Klem - 07-09-2020, 09:25 AM
Full length resizing help - by Briano23 - 07-09-2020, 10:23 AM
Full length resizing help - by jasper2408 - 07-09-2020, 11:25 AM
Full length resizing help - by Klem - 07-09-2020, 03:43 PM
Full length resizing help - by Briano23 - 07-09-2020, 04:11 PM
Full length resizing help - by Briano23 - 07-10-2020, 09:37 AM
Full length resizing help - by jasper2408 - 07-10-2020, 11:05 AM
Full length resizing help - by Briano23 - 07-10-2020, 06:53 PM
Full length resizing help - by tdbru - 07-09-2020, 05:01 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)