Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Brass Life Expectancy
#7
Lemonaid Wrote:JTB annealing may be in your future. That kind of resets the brass from the effects of work hardening. See annealing threads on the forum or this link. https://www.6mmbr.com/annealing.html

That was my next question. I’ll go check it out. I have only been reloading for about 4 months. Mostly 223 and now the Grendel. I have a lot to learn. I have been using AR Comp and 123g ELDM and 123g SMK. I am to the point now where I just want to work up another ladder test. All my results are inconsistent and it could be that I let all my brass get mixed up not knowing any better. I have shot factory Hornady Black 123 ELD at 3/4” consistent. Then I shot a ladder test and settled on 27.6 AR Comp 2.260 BR4 primer and hornady brass. Shot that again and it was not consistent. I just need to start again with fresh brass. I did this with my SPR build and found a good load quick with Reloader 15 and the results were just obvious. I just have to start over with the Grendel.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Brass Life Expectancy - by JTB - 06-19-2020, 02:14 AM
Brass Life Expectancy - by Lemonaid - 06-19-2020, 02:35 AM
Brass Life Expectancy - by Klem - 06-19-2020, 02:42 AM
Brass Life Expectancy - by JTB - 06-19-2020, 02:58 AM
Brass Life Expectancy - by Lemonaid - 06-19-2020, 03:12 AM
Brass Life Expectancy - by Klem - 06-19-2020, 03:23 AM
Brass Life Expectancy - by JTB - 06-19-2020, 03:26 AM
Brass Life Expectancy - by JTB - 06-19-2020, 03:33 AM
Brass Life Expectancy - by Rosecrans1 - 06-19-2020, 08:53 AM
Brass Life Expectancy - by jbmarshtx - 06-19-2020, 02:52 PM
Brass Life Expectancy - by Labrat198 - 06-19-2020, 03:08 PM
Brass Life Expectancy - by JTB - 06-20-2020, 01:46 AM
Brass Life Expectancy - by FRB6.5 - 06-20-2020, 02:10 AM
Brass Life Expectancy - by FLshooter - 06-20-2020, 03:01 AM
Brass Life Expectancy - by Happy2Shoot - 06-20-2020, 03:16 AM
Brass Life Expectancy - by JTB - 06-20-2020, 11:25 AM
Brass Life Expectancy - by JTB - 06-20-2020, 11:46 AM
Brass Life Expectancy - by HONDO - 07-17-2020, 10:44 PM
Brass Life Expectancy - by pinetreebbs - 07-18-2020, 03:29 AM
Brass Life Expectancy - by tdbru - 07-18-2020, 04:45 AM
Brass Life Expectancy - by JTB - 07-19-2020, 04:37 AM
Brass Life Expectancy - by Lemonaid - 07-19-2020, 04:49 AM
Brass Life Expectancy - by tdbru - 07-19-2020, 04:54 AM
Brass Life Expectancy - by JTB - 07-19-2020, 05:24 AM
Brass Life Expectancy - by Klem - 07-19-2020, 10:15 AM
Brass Life Expectancy - by LR1955 - 07-19-2020, 12:01 PM
Brass Life Expectancy - by JTB - 07-19-2020, 01:09 PM
Brass Life Expectancy - by JTB - 07-19-2020, 01:21 PM
Brass Life Expectancy - by FLshooter - 07-19-2020, 01:45 PM
Brass Life Expectancy - by JTB - 07-19-2020, 01:59 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)