06-17-2020, 11:37 AM
LRRPF52 Wrote:10 rounds is plenty for target work, deer, antelope, or coyote hunting.
Glad to see another option on the market where a lot of effort was put into solving some of the unique challenges with 6.5 Grendel in the AR15.
Based on the dimensions of the magazine and how the rounds are stacked, I think a 20rd mag would be about 1.25-1.5" longer maybe?
I agree on target and deer sized game applications, that normally a 10 rd mag is fine, and/or in some places is the maximum allowable capacity such as Colorado. I am all for working out the kinks, as we all know that the Grendel can sometimes be a fickle mistress in the magazine department. The reason that I am looking for a higher capacity option is that I roll around with my 12.5" suppressed SBR nearly every day as my primary truck gun and for SHTF situations. Heaven forbid that I ever truly need it, but if that day should come, I would prefer to have the higher capacity magazines. Most of the AR based gear today strongly favors the 30rd .223 magazine dimensions, so a short mag like the 10 & 17rd E-landers or the Amend2's will get lost in most of the ammo pouches out there.
At least a 20 rounder would be nice to see. Hopefully they keep pushing this advancement and eventually bring a second Amend2 option out for those desiring higher capacity. Any positive advancements for the Grendel in general can only help to spread the word and increase the herd...or Horde.

