Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
156gr Oryx, best 6.5 Grendel load ever???
#23
LRRPF52 Wrote:Basically gives you something close to a .30-30 Winchester, which has taken a ton of game reliably since it was introduced almost 125 years ago.

Last time I saw the 156gr Oryx performance on game, it was in Finland in the winter. Guy used a 6.5x55 Mauser and blew a massive hole through a hare that was the size of a small kangaroo.

Yep on the 30-30 (or especially the 32 WCF in these parts). I remember reading something in the American Rifleman (?) years ago that presented a fact of the staggering number of percent of deer over the course of the United States history that were taken by the 30-30 lever-gun. Although I don't remember the number specifically, it was an overwhelming majority at the time.

Out of concern I may be causing people to infer I am against high-powered cheap rings I have nothing against stiffer calibers and own quite a number of them myself. Rifles are like golf clubs , use right iron for the right shot. Actually waiting right now for my 6.5 PRC barrel to come in. That has been a complete mess, to be honest with you, coming from Columbia River Arms. But that's a story for another day...

And... nothing puts those man-eating Finish hares down like a good stiff serving of a bonded core, ballistic bus :-)
Reply


Messages In This Thread
156gr Oryx, best 6.5 Grendel load ever??? - by bigblock - 05-27-2020, 03:33 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)