Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
156gr Oryx, best 6.5 Grendel load ever???
#13
HuntTXhogs Wrote:It could be the best bullet that can’t be found in stock , anywhere....

Truth be told, I had these kicking around since last fall when you could find them leading up to hunting season. I had bought them for my Creedmoor that has since moved on. For what it's worth I just called Grafs where I bought them from and they said they are on order. The kind woman said they get a shipment in from Norma about once a quarter.

Yeah, that would be a frustrating aspect of this work put into this bullet if it's something hard to get. I don't have any experience with their availability other than when I bought these.

Been giving an eyeball towards the 156gr Alaskan and Vulcan as well. Like to get my hands on some of those and give him them a whirl. Not sure they'll do any better then these or the 160 Hornady round nose. In the absence of the Norma I would give a hard look at that 160 Hornady round nose. See my posting on that as well. I wouldn't hesitate to use that for my purposes in the slightest bit.

I haven't had the opportunity to workout the accuracy aspect with the Hornady yet though. As of the load that I posted for it, it's doing 1.25 Moa at 100, as is in my rifle.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
156gr Oryx, best 6.5 Grendel load ever??? - by bigblock - 05-26-2020, 04:15 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)