05-26-2020, 12:31 AM
Arrrrghhh....
Just tried to reply while using my cell phone and went to edit my long post after I posted it and I deleted the damn thing!!! That really sucks!
Anyway, @lemonade, I got to run but basically it was to say i don't mind the constructive criticism at all. Anything worth considering is worth a shakedown. It's how anything improves. As for using a drop tube, I use drop tubes whenever I'm over 100% density in order to make the powder column as consistent as possible. It's how I shoot little itty bitty tiny groups with compressed loads. Next time out, I'll try it without the drop tube. I expect it'll probably be still under half Moa.
There are a lot of great hunting bullets out there that can be launched from the Grendel. They have a range of applications from smaller Critters to longer-range for bigger animals. For my AO, things are large, typically above 160 lb and within 200 yards in thick cover. The types/velocities of bullet I've been working with in the Grendel seem to be ideally suited for my AO. For someone else in another geograph, with different game under different conditions there would be much better choices that would fit.
Just tried to reply while using my cell phone and went to edit my long post after I posted it and I deleted the damn thing!!! That really sucks!
Anyway, @lemonade, I got to run but basically it was to say i don't mind the constructive criticism at all. Anything worth considering is worth a shakedown. It's how anything improves. As for using a drop tube, I use drop tubes whenever I'm over 100% density in order to make the powder column as consistent as possible. It's how I shoot little itty bitty tiny groups with compressed loads. Next time out, I'll try it without the drop tube. I expect it'll probably be still under half Moa.
There are a lot of great hunting bullets out there that can be launched from the Grendel. They have a range of applications from smaller Critters to longer-range for bigger animals. For my AO, things are large, typically above 160 lb and within 200 yards in thick cover. The types/velocities of bullet I've been working with in the Grendel seem to be ideally suited for my AO. For someone else in another geograph, with different game under different conditions there would be much better choices that would fit.

