Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Power Pro Varmint weirdness
#1
Hello all, I've been lurking for quite a while, finally have something to post!

Inspired by Mel's recent trials of PPV I decided to give it another go. The only bullets I really have available at this time are 130eldm so that's what I'm using. I was velocity testing today, looking for pressure, and had a .6gr spread towards the top end where the velocity completely went flat. This doesnt make any sense to me, primers are rounded, no ejector swipes, etc.. Has anybody run into this before?

I'm shooting a 24" Liberty (yes I know) Grendel II (yes I know) chamber.
2.33" OAL
Starline brass
FED 205

Rifle is set up as a straight pull bolt, it's very easy on brass and I dont have any issues with the softer primers.

Charge weights are WAY over max, but again my OAL is long, as is the throat.

29.8- 2611
29.9- 2600
30.0- 2613
30.1- 2613
30.2- 2611
30.3- 2611
30.4- 2623 - very slight ejector swipe, stopped there.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Power Pro Varmint weirdness - by P_ham86 - 05-16-2020, 06:47 PM
Power Pro Varmint weirdness - by tdbru - 05-16-2020, 07:15 PM
Power Pro Varmint weirdness - by FRB6.5 - 05-16-2020, 08:11 PM
Power Pro Varmint weirdness - by P_ham86 - 05-17-2020, 01:51 AM
Power Pro Varmint weirdness - by A5BLASTER - 05-17-2020, 01:55 AM
Power Pro Varmint weirdness - by tdbru - 05-17-2020, 02:03 AM
Power Pro Varmint weirdness - by P_ham86 - 05-17-2020, 02:09 AM
Power Pro Varmint weirdness - by P_ham86 - 05-17-2020, 02:13 AM
Power Pro Varmint weirdness - by LRRPF52 - 05-18-2020, 04:21 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)