Hello from the Rockies
#5
Thanks.

Vascar2 you are so right. I moved her almost 30 years ago after growing up in eastern Kansas. The elevation back there goes either side of '1000. First thing I did out here was site in an old 30-06 to go Elk hunting with. I was with a hunting buddy outside Leadville, up around 12,000'. I couldn't believe how flat that '06 was shooting. I had to re-zero it. It was shooting so flat compared to back in Kansas. Incredible difference. Someone told me it was the thin air, but somebody else told that was not correct. It's because you're father from the core of the earth and the gravity is less. Crazy...I don't know which it is.
I couple years later, the same hunting partner took me to a long distance range....800 meters. We were at about 7000'. He had a M1A1, national match version. That was amazing fun! Shooting steel silhouettes with NM hooded peep-sites and ringing those steel targets was a kick! I've been hooked ever since.
Can't wait to get this 6.5 banging away...bought some Hornady Black 123 gr match the other day. :o
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Hello from the Rockies - by ARGrendel - 05-13-2020, 12:18 AM
Hello from the Rockies - by VASCAR2 - 05-13-2020, 01:22 AM
Hello from the Rockies - by A5BLASTER - 05-13-2020, 01:32 AM
Hello from the Rockies - by just_john - 05-13-2020, 11:17 AM
Hello from the Rockies - by ARGrendel - 05-14-2020, 04:04 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)