05-07-2020, 04:22 PM
Double Naught Spy Wrote:When you need/want to find an entry or exit wound, roll the animal over to where the impact side is down and then stand on the carcass. That will help put pressure on the circulatory system and force some blood out of the wound (usually). For a coyote, standing may be a little much, but stepping down on the carcass with 1 foot may do it. We stand on top of hogs to find wounds and sometimes have to do it more than once.Thanks for the tip. I mashed around on him with my hand, combed the fur back and forth etc, maybe didn't put enough pressure on him. The exit wound corresponds with my point of aim, and I saw the "juice" fly out the other side of him, so I'm sure there's a hole there somewhere. Take care of that ankle,,,(like my dad used to say,,,WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING!)

I added pics to post #10

